Re: [Gimp-user] CMYK + additional color layer?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Kristian Rink wrote:
Folks;

done a modestly complex flyer layout which, by now, should be printed by a
professional service. Unfortunately, those would like to have a CMYK PDF
image, including an additional layer for a "highlight" color (which should be
gold or silver, not sure yet).  I've done a bit playing and, so far, am unsure
about whether (and/or how) such a kind of pre-print color separation can be
done using GIMP, or whether I would have to do this in another way. Any
thoughts, recommendations, ... how to get my xcf stored in a way feasible for
this kind of printing?

Do color separation with separate+ or CMYKTool, place the output CMYK
image into a Scribus document, add the "highlight" text to a new layer
and use a spot color you need for color fill of that text, then export
as PDF 1.5 intended for printing.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org