Re: [Gimp-user] Getting my tablet to work with GIMP

On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 18:25 +0900, Jehan Pagès wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:03 AM, SleepyBear <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

I had to reinstall my tablet drivers after something stupid happened and
now
GIMP (I have 2.6.8) won't recognise it.

It doesn't show up in the Input Devices thing either.

additionally to what Michael said, I also remind that you have to connect
the tablet *before* starting GIMP for the program to see it. That's a
common mistake of users (though I certainly don't blame them. I think this
should be improved on our side. Maybe someday…).

GTK+ 3.x has complete hotplug support and GIMP's gtk3-port
branch uses it. This is impossible in GTK+ 2.x.

--Mitch