[Gimp-user] Icon Export Issue

This happened to me, too. My issue was my layer was wrongly sized, but the canvas looked good, so exported icon turned out to be the layer's incorrect size.

Hope this helps!

Ben Garcia

Hi, I need a little help making my desktop icons. I stated out with either a jpg
or png image. Using gimpshop I get the image resized and it looks fine. However,
after exporting as an ico the image is very recognizable but shorter and fatter.
I use to use photoshop so with gimpshop I look for something that said retain
aspect ratio but as of now I haven't found it. It seems to adjust both width and
height when I scale it but something happens during the export. Any ideas? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

--
vampirehunterd (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

--