[Gimp-user] Export as icon image is squashed

Hi, I need a little help making my desktop icons. I stated out with either a jpg
or png image. Using gimpshop I get the image resized and it looks fine. However,
after exporting as an ico the image is very recognizable but shorter and fatter.
I use to use photoshop so with gimpshop I look for something that said retain
aspect ratio but as of now I haven't found it. It seems to adjust both width and
height when I scale it but something happens during the export. Any ideas? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

--
vampirehunterd (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)