Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP PAINTER

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM, lousiewhei wrote:
I just learned that there is GIMP PAINTER, a fork out project, focusing on the
painting capabilities of GIMP.
The latest version is 2.6, based on GIMP 2.6.

Not really. There is much newer code based on 2.8. I don't think there
are ready to use builds, though.

It got a high acclaimed MIXBRUSH. I downloaded and installed, only to see that
other than the few features, like the MIXBRUSH, a color wheel, and the plug-ins
selected for GIMP PAINTER, otherwise it is just GIMP 2.6.
I am using GIMP 2.8, so is it possible to just get the MIXBRUSH, and the
interface settings, and add them into GIMP 2.8? If possible, how?

Not possible. Please note, however, that we backported and improved
few changes from that fork, e.g. line smoothing in painting tools.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org