[Gimp-user] GIMP PAINTER

I just learned that there is GIMP PAINTER, a fork out project, focusing on the
painting capabilities of GIMP.
The latest version is 2.6, based on GIMP 2.6.
It got a high acclaimed MIXBRUSH. I downloaded and installed, only to see that
other than the few features, like the MIXBRUSH, a color wheel, and the plug-ins
selected for GIMP PAINTER, otherwise it is just GIMP 2.6.
I am using GIMP 2.8, so is it possible to just get the MIXBRUSH, and the
interface settings, and add them into GIMP 2.8? If possible, how?

--
lousiewhei (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)