Re: [Gimp-user] technical request

On 01/01/2013 07:57 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:

There are plenty of people who run GIMP on Windows 7 without any
problems. If this is the first time you've actually run GIMP, then
it will create a font cache of all the fonts you've got installed.
This can take a considerable amount of time.

We have seen cases where "free download" websites use the GIMP as
bait to trick users into installing spyware or malware.  These
installations may or may not include a working copy of the GIMP.

This is the only safe place I know of to download a copy of the GIMP
for Windows:

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

If yours did not come from here, the first thing to try is to
uninstall it, download a new copy from the "official" source,
install the "known good" one and see if it works.

That's all I can think of to try, so far.

:o/

Steve