Re: [Gimp-user] Printing Color Managment

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

>> So I thought I'd answer this question, with your help. Does Gimp still
>> “fiddle with the colors during printing”?
>
> Actually I think the problem you are refering to is more that printers do
> not use RGB at all. The most common color space for printers is CMYK:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model
> RGB on the other hand is done for screen display. And so the answer is that
> unfortunately there is still no CMYK support in GIMP. You can't create a
> CMYK image in GIMP.

Jehan, this is irrelevant to the question :)

Oups ok. My bad then. :-)

Jehan

The question is whether GIMP does the correct color space conversion
and, as a matter of fact, whether it should do it at all, which
depends on the kind of printing plug-in in use.

If this is about the Gutenprint plug-in, then any wrongdoings are most
likely on its side.

If this is about the printing via stock GTK+ dialog, then it depends
on the version of GTK+ and operating system.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org