Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP

---- maderios <maderios gmail com> wrote:
On 02/11/2013 05:03 PM, jfrazierjr nc rr com wrote:

- Libreoffice : the same

This is a selective functionality comparison on your part based upon a specific file format(s) or lack of
knowledge of the actual product you are comparing.
For example, Libreoffice has PDF as an EXPORT option, NOT an option under the "save/Save as" menu item.

My LibreOffice Draw 3.5.4.2  Debian Wheezy
I have a "save" option
and "save as" options for the formats otg odg sxd std fodg
and I can export as pdf, gif,jpeg and many other image file formats
http://www.libreoffice.org/features/draw/
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Draw_Guide

Though I was actually thinking of Write, the concepts are exactly the same.  How is the above functionality
any different from GIMP?  You open a file of some type in GIMP and GIMP creates it as a new .xcf file.   It
expects that you to save in that format to maintain GIMP features.   Likewise, when you open ad file in
Draw(such as .jpg), Draw creates new .odg file and expects you to save in that format to maintain Draw
features.  When you "save" it back out, it expects you to go to the Export menu instead of the Save menu.
Again, how is that different from what GIMP is now enforcing, with the exception of Draw supporting a few
additional save formats?