Re: [Gimp-user] Editing your photos in Gimp

On 02/03/2013 04:22 PM, DaviesMediaDesign wrote:
nice video! and well explained too ;) why do you prefer gimp 2.6 over
2.8?

Thanks for checking it out! There are certain functions in 2.6 that I find more
fluent in my opinion- like the text editing, image scaling, and some of the
other manipulation features. Perhaps I'm just used to the 2.6 interface.

Initially the new sliders (i.e. layer opacity adjustment, etc) were
puzzling to me.  Then I had my "well duh!" moment when someone
on-list mentioned that the coarse adjustment function is active with
the cursor in the top half of the slider area, the fine adjustment
function in the bottom half.

The on-canvas text editor gave me cat fits, until I started playing
with it in new empty images just to figure it out.  Now I am
starting to like it a lot better than the gadget it replaces.

I lost "on the fly" brush editing via an always-open brush editor
window, but regained it via the tool options tab and a couple of
user set keyboard accelerators.

Full screen mode was not as bad as I expected, but it's just not for
me.  So far every snag I have hit in GIMP 2.8 turns out to be either
something the improved or something that moved to a more logical
location.

:o)

Steve