Re: [Gimp-user] black canvas extension

On 12/29/2013 01:22 PM, EGoldman wrote:

Thank you so very much for responding. It isn't working for me. I am still
looking at my image and the canvas with squares. Should I be opening "new layer"
and if so how do I get it black? I'm so close yet so far ...lol

It's "Layer/New Layer" from the menu. It doesn't matter what color you make the new layer because you can use the paint bucket to change the color to black. But if you change the Foreground/Background colors to black and white, then you can choose one to be the color of the new layer.