Re: [Gimp-user] Export Quality Question

On 12/19/2013 02:06 PM, wardgimp wrote:
Hi

I'm a pretty new GIMP user. I have been working on some images for my
church, for use on the web and print. In particular I have been using
transparent images overlaid on other images or backgrounds. But when I
export those images (in any format) the transparent elements appear
'dirty' or 'fuzzy.'  As below.

Any advice or tips on how to avoid this would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/89/original/New_City_with_MK_Central.png

Do you scale down before export? All scaling (even scaling down) introduces a little blur because pixels are interpolated. This is especially true of the anti-aliasing pixels (those partially transparent pixels along the edge of your text).