Re: [Gimp-user] Problem with ufraw and Sony ARW raw files

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 05:59 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
[...]
These .arw files open properly in the Sony converter (on Windows) and also
appear to display properly in the Shotwell viewer.

Congratulations on the new camera! Maybe for Christmas you will get some
lenses :-)

On Linux there's also darktable. Shotwell can also import images and can
open them in gimp.

Also, make sure you have a recent version of ufraw. I have 0.19.2 here
but I don't have a Sony Alpha camera, so if you send me one I'll try
it :-) or, less flippantly, if you put a couple of sample raw images
somewhere, I can try some programs and see if I've got better
suggestions.

Exactly which gimp version are you using, and exactly which Linux
distribution?

Liam