Re: [Gimp-user] create a flashing neon sign

On 13-12-10 03:36 PM, R Kimber wrote:
Kevin Cozens wrote:
Around half of the Script-Fu scripts that used to be in GIMP have been
removed as of the current git master version including the neon effect.

What's the reason for their removal?

I don't know other than there was talk of cleaning up some of the "cluttered" menus. IIRC, some Script-Fu scripts were removed as they were not for effects not useful to many people. I agree that some effects would not get used that often but the neon light script is one that I would think is more likely to get used than some of the other ones that were removed. I just hope that the person removing the scripts made sure that the ones removed are available in the registry so anyone still wanting, or needing to use, the removed scripts can still get them.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.