Re: [Gimp-user] Wacom Tablet not working with GIMP

* Marathon7 <forums gimpusers com> [12-07-13 15:26]:
 [...]
I tried really hard to get my Wacom Intous4 table connected with GIMP
2.8.10 under MAC OSX 10.9.  However it is not recognized by GIMP - (all
other programs I used can detect the driver correctly).  Also I updated
the Wacom driver to the newest version - without any effect.

What confuses me is that it some Forums it's mentioned that XQuartz is
necessary to run GIMP and a tablet, in some comments it's confirmed that
it's not needed anymore...

Also it's interesting, that some users can use their Wacom Intous3
tablet with GIMP 2.8....  which gives me hope that there is a trick...

Apparently a problem with the mac build or mac environment as I have no
problem at all with my Bamboo tablet with gimp 2.8.[6,8,10] on openSUSE
KDE Tumbleweed.