[Gimp-user] UI drag and drop issues prevent layer reorder or dialog tab reorder

I have exactly the same problem ; drag and drop issue on the gimp
windows (the most boring is in the layer dialog window) ; and your
issue description is really accurate.

So I try to uninstall both of the windows 7 update (KB2785220 and
kb2786400) but this didn't solve the problem :(

Yeah, it only fixed it for me for about a week.  I checked and neither update
had been reapplied, so I don't know why it broke again.  Until your reply, I
hadn't heard of anyone else with this problem.  I've actually learned some
tricks to get around some of the issues, like clicking on UI elements and then
pressing the space bar to activate them (what clicking was supposed to do in the
first place).  And reordering layers can be done through the Layers menu.  I do
most of my work on another computer now that doesn't have this issue though.

--
kzibart (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)