[Gimp-user] How to fill areas of a rotated image...?

There is no routine way to "fill in the blank spaces." You would have
to pick an
acceptable fill color and live with the little triangles, or
crop the image to a rectangle containing only real picture elements.

Or you could apply your painting/drawing skill to fill in the
triangles.

Your picture is reasonably rotated - however, the edges have been
cropped to the
"canvas" - the rectangle containing the original image.
In order to keep all the detail in the picture, you would have had to
"Fit
Canvas to Layers" - a selection under the "Image" tab.

Have fun, and keep exploring.

  -- Burnie

OK, thank you.  I need to understand the "Fit Canvas to Layers" feature better.
I read the documentation here
http://docs.gimp.org/sv/gimp-image-resize-to-layers.html

So I guess I need to do this:
1. Create a new layer
2. Rotate the image
3. Execute the "Fit Canvas to Layers"

I have to play with it to understand what I'm doing....!

--
rhimbo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)