Re: [Gimp-user] How to fill areas of a rotated image...?

* rhimbo <forums gimpusers com> [08-19-13 18:47]:
I'm trying to rotate an image.  Actually, I figured out how to rotate
it.  But I can't figure out how to fill in the "empty" triangular areas
that represent the area between the edges of the original image and the
horizontal and vertical edges of the canvas.  I would like to fill these
spaces so it is not obvious that the image was rotated.  How can I do
this?

I would crop the image, see:
  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/restaurant-polidor-x.jpg

When I rotate, I crop to the shortest corners.  Unless you are rotating a
large degree, you loose very little image.  Your image was only rotated a
couple of degrees and looses very little.

gud luk,