Re: [Gimp-user] newbie question

On 08/18/2013 07:45 PM, t-4-2 wrote:
I am completely new to Gimp.
I have Gimp 2.8.6

I need someone to show me how to crop the head from one person and pasted to the
body of another person.

Thank you.
There are many ways.  Here's one.

1) Open the picture containing the "body of another person" in gimp [C-O]
2) In the image window, File menu, use the "Open as Layers" command to open the picture containing the head you desire. [C-Alt-O] 3) Use one of the "selection" tools (Rectangle, Oval, or Lasso) to select the head (you can use the Lasso tool to draw around the head itself).
4) Cut [C-x] or copy [C-c] the selection you've just made.
5) Under the Edit menu, use the Paste as New Layer command. The head will appear in the upper right corner of the image window.
6) Use the Move tool to place the head where you want it on the body picture.
7) Export the resulting picture, with the head of one on the body of the other, to a jpg or png image.
8) Save the xcf file so you can do a better job next time

If you do nothing other than exactly these eight steps, your result is not likely to be very satisfactory. The head could be the wrong size, the exported picture might be badly cropped, etc. So it will be important for you to learn how to use all the rest of the tools in the toolbox.

There are many simple tutorials available for these kinds of tasks.

Good luck.