[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8.6 Windows - Queries new Plug-ins at every startup

I've ran Zone Alarm and it shouldn't be interfering with The GIMP
starting up (especially since, afaik, The GIMP doesn't need the
Internet
to work).

Well the issue is academic now as, once GIMP ran and I tried it, it got
uninstalled asap. Originally installed because a 'photo magazine described it as
'the closest thing to Photoshop you'll find'. I guess the reviewer was taking
some substance or alcohol...! I often find that these open-source applications
attract a certain type of geek who are more interested in the development of
software rather than the practical use of the program to the end user. As an
'end user' I rate GIMP as next to useless.

The banner at the bottom of the GIMP webpage reads ' Why pay for Photo Editing
Software?' Why, because the 'end user'  wants something that works properly and
has an intuitive GUI. As far as I can see GIMP falls-over in both respects.

I shall use Lightroom 5. I pay, but I'm happy.

--
physoc (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)