[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8.6 Windows - Queries new Plug-ins at every startup

I just started using GIMP. I like it so far but this query of plugins
at startup bug takes about 2 minutes every single time I start up
GIMP. I hope there is a fix for it soon.

I'm running Widows XP with GIMP 2.8.6

I downloaded GIMP today (16 August) and run Win 7 (64-bit). I've been unable to
get it to start because it crashes when 'querying plugins' in the 'Startup'
routine. If I close the GIMP window and try again it skips across the previous
plugin .exe but then hangs at the next one. After ten-minutes of closing/
running/ hanging.....etc., I gave-up!
Free software is fine if it works, if it doesn't it's just a few deleted bits
in the Recycle Bin....

--
physoc (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)