Re: [Gimp-user] Question On Gimp

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Michael Tidwell <mkpr56 yahoo com> wrote:

Okay I am no computer wiz!  I just want to take an image of a military dog
tag and an image of a sniper and make the sniper image fit the shape of the
dog tag and for the life of me can't figure out if Gimp even does this.
 Can you please advise me if it does and how?

GIMP was designed with image manipulation in mind.  So in short, yes you
can do this.  Without some sample images it's a little hard to explain
how.  But essentially you should start small by trying to do some
tutorials.  As you learn about the different tools in GIMP's toolset you'll
soon be able to accomplish what you wish on your own.

A quick google search for "gimp tutorials" comes up with some useful
results.

e.g. http://gimp-tutorials.net/