Re: [Gimp-user] Blending 2 images into 1

This might be helpful in getting a handle on curves and blending (skin)
tones:
http://blog.patdavid.net/2012/07/getting-around-in-gimp-more-color.html

If you need an intro, there's also this:
http://blog.patdavid.net/2012/06/getting-around-in-gimp-color-curves.html