Re: [Gimp-user] SOLVED: export vs. save menu in gimp2.8 - simple and lasting solution

Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] SOLVED: export vs. save menu in gimp2.8 - simple and lasting solution
From: liam holoweb net
To: strata_ranger hotmail com
CC: jvromans squirrel nl; gimp-user-list gnome org
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:14:28 -0400

as with control-s and control-S, there's no difference the first time,
only on subsequent times: control-shift-s (save as) and control-shift-e
(export as) will prompt for a filename each time, whereas control-s and
control-e will only prompt the first time, and not at all in the case of
control-s where you opened an xcf file.

You might have overlooked one minor (but critical) element about my workflow:  I generally only do one image
export per GIMP session.  So EVERY export is "the first time"....

I did suggest that the export filename/options should be recorded as part of the XCF project data -- what say
you to that?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com