[Gimp-user] basic GIMP manipulation

I am not sure if I just ask a question to this email address or not. So here goes.
I downloaded GIMP for a little more than basic drawing tools. I need things like a mesh tool and a point manipulator tool along with primarily a basic shapes tool. Does GIMP have these features? If so where can I find help with the mentioned tools. If GIMP does not have these features does anyone know of a free drawing program that does?  Thank You.

Bruce