[Gimp-user] Background

Dear GIMP users,

First of all I would like to say that GIMP is a great piece of software, i've
been using it since a few days and for a newbie like myself it;s rather
straightforward. Yet now I encounter an obstacle which I can't seem to pass,
it's probably very easy to fix but I just don't see it.
In my webpage header I putted a logo. First, I made the logo background (which
was white) transparant in GIMP and saved the file. Second I putted the logo in
my header, yet the logo doesnt seem to be transparant as it is in the saved file
because the blue header background colour is lighter at the place of the logo.

I hope you guys understand my question, to make it more clear see the attachment
for the file.

any help/tips would be higly appreciated !

regards,
Robert

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/31/original/header_testje4a.xcf