Re: [Gimp-user] Fonts, Windows 8 and GIMP 2.8.4

On 04/07/2013 10:49 PM, Linda Petersen wrote:
Hello,
I have been trying unsuccessfully for the past four hours to import fonts into Gimp. They are in the Fonts directory. I can see them. But when I launch GIMP and try to input fonts the only option I am given is Sans.

Any help would be appreciated.
I am a new user to Graphics software, have a deadline coming up and everything rests on being able to do text in a graphic.

Any help would be wonderful.  Thank you in advance.

What "Fonts" directory? Go to Edit/Preferences and expands "Folders" at the bottom and click on fonts. Is it one of the directories listed in the panel on the right?

What is the extension of the files? TTF? OTF? Other?