Re: [Gimp-user] how to draw interrupted lines

I think you can't really do that. But I will write up a little on how to work with the paths tool to achieve what you want. It was Inkscape which taught me how to use the paths tool the best, I think, because the way Inkscape works, it's all lines and paths and the like.

I have to go to work now, but will try to steal a few moments to put something together for you. I think then it will become much clearer.

But the short answer is "paths tool" and "paint along path."