Re: [Gimp-user] remove dust problems

That looks amazing thanks a lot, I will try and let you know how I get on.
(I am flying tonight so it might not be for some time).

--- On Fri, 21/9/12, Nik Omul <nik-omul yandex ru> wrote:

From: Nik Omul <nik-omul yandex ru>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] remove dust problems
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Date: Friday, 21 September, 2012, 5:59

David Holland wrote
> Hi All,
>
> I tried to remove a dust spot using resynthesize but I can still see where
> it was, although it looks a lot better.I was using this tutorial.
> http://dodonov.net/blog/2009/12/29/cleaning-dust-on-photos-or-in-gimp-we-trust/
> Any ideas?Here is the original
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/14586608 N08/8007061865/in/photostreamthe
> modifiedhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/14586608 N08/8007047321/in/photostream
>
> Thanks a lot in advance

Hi, David.

Assuming you have Resynthesizer + Heal Selection plugin installed (if not,
find it in Plugin Registry),
use the latter (Filters>Enhance>Heal Selection). You can see the difference
here
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh513/nikomul1/testingHealSelection_zps3b856d5f.jpg

Heal Selection beats Resynthesize, Clone Tool and Healing Tool at removing
even much
bigger than dust particles objects (for demonstration purposes I removed two
birds (pelicans?) as well ^)
;)

Cheers,

-----