[Gimp-user] Xcf file Corrupt!? Please Help!

So I have been working on this painting for over a week…it is VERY important that I get it in by my deadline.
However, I went to open it back up this morning to do some work on it and…it only had three layers. I tried
to stay calm and closed the program and reopened it but a little popup came up and it said “This XCF file is
corrupt!  I have loaded as much of it as I can, but it is incomplete.” Please, please, please tell me I can
just restart my computer, or if there is a “fix all” button somewhere! I have GIMP 2...and it has never done
this to me before.

--
Kfayejessee (via gimpusers.com)