Re: [Gimp-user] xcf file corrupt?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 20:16:19 +0200, curseofdark wrote:

I'm using 2.6.11 on windows 7, and GIMP closed because of a computer crash not a program error, sorry I
wasn't more specific! The computer crashed in the middle of saving the image

This is the problem - if the machine crashed while the file was being
written, it's possible that only a small amount of data reached the disk.
Since the metadata (file name, size etc.) is updated by the OS
independently, the file still looks like it has the old size, but in
reality, most of that space is empty or garbage.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >