Re: [Gimp-user] About bad new save export function in Gimp-2.8

On 09/12/2012 01:52 AM, Ofnuts wrote:
On 09/11/2012 08:38 AM, maderios wrote:
Hi
I'm not developper but I think it is certainly possible to give the
choice in the configuration.

Yes, but it's a bad idea. Having all the people using more or less the
same Gimp is beneficial. The same tutorials work everywhere, and the
people answering questions in forums don't have to makes guesses about
what customizations your Gimp has been subjected to (the current
situation with users split between 2.6 and 2.8 already makes many
answers a lot more verbose than necessary). And developers tend to make
changes around the standard version, so your personal config can
eventually conflict with a future version.

Hi
May be but you have already the choice with "window-single mode" or not. Then you open edit -> preferences and here, incredible thing, you can discover about thousand settings ! I joke, you know that. "The same tutorials work everywhere", yes. I can imagine a future preferences box (Gimp-3.0 ?) with new settings:
Image saving -> standard mode
Image saving -> .xcf mode

Greetings
--