[Gimp-user] Fonts in 2.8 on Mac

Hello all, I'm new to the list and have a question about fonts. If it's already been answered in archives, please let me know and I'll go dig through them.

I have 2.8 installed on my Mac, and can't figure out how/where to make new fonts available to it. I was able to do it in 2.6 through Library/Application Support, but I recently updated to Mountain Lion and Gimp no longer has a folder in Application Support. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!