[Gimp-user] dotted text

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM, komsinica wrote:
I am using Gimp to create worksheets for kids learning a foreign
language.  I would like to make my text dotted so kids can trace
it to practice writing.  I am using a Cyrillic alphabet so a dotted
font is not an option for me.  It would have to be done by
manipulating the text.

Wrong choice of a tool, I'm afraid. You _can_do that with GIMP, but it
would be counterproductive.

Use Inkscape. For text objects remove fill, use black stroke and dashed outline.

Inkscape is the better tool but also needed is a suitable font.
The sort that CAD applications used to use.

http://i.imgur.com/c56HW.jpg

https://rapidshare.com/files/455993137/fonts_skeleton.zip

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)