Re: [Gimp-user] dotted text

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM, komsinica wrote:
I am using Gimp to create worksheets for kids learning a foreign
language.  I would like to make my text dotted so kids can trace
it to practice writing.  I am using a Cyrillic alphabet so a dotted
font is not an option for me.  It would have to be done by
manipulating the text.

Wrong choice of a tool, I'm afraid. You _can_do that with GIMP, but it
would be counterproductive.

Use Inkscape. For text objects remove fill, use black stroke and dashed outline.

http://i.imgur.com/AEezO.png

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org