Re: [Gimp-user] xcf difficulty

On 10/15/2012 05:28 AM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 23:01 -0400, Brittany Bug wrote:
I want to know if i can save my pic's i create as jpg so i can download them elsewhere
Use file->export to do that.

Note that jpeg is "lossy" - you should save as xcf or xcf.gz, and then
also export as jpeg, and that way you can edit the xcf file if you later
need to make changes.

You don't need .xcf at all...
You may convert your .jpeg to.png
PNG is much better than .xcf when no needing layers : it's not lossy, You can compress a .png to 9
Greetings
--
Maderios

"Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."
"L'art est fait pour troubler. La science rassure" (Georges Braque)