[Gimp-user] "source contains no colors" importing a palette

Hi,

have an open image in gimp 2.8 on suse 12.2, I call the "import palette"
function, I set 64 colors, step 32, check the "from all layers" etc etc, and
in the preview I see the 64 color palette I'd like. Looks good.

BUT: underneath the preview it says "the selected source contains no colors."
And continuing the palette is indeed empty.

What's wrong here?

Dex