Re: [Gimp-user] [NEEDED ASAP] GIMP 2.8 Not Accepting My ABR Files

On 02.10.2012 02:18, prettypea wrote:

I typically use GIMP 2.6. Computer crashed recently so now I've
downloaded 2.8. When I download ABR files into the brushes folder,
the program won't start. It wigs out and doesn't work. I copied abr
files just fine into my GIMP 2.6. Why is this happening?

No idea. Are there any example ABR files which make this happen? Please provide the url.

I even went so far as to find GIMP 2.6 on the web for download. But the same
problem.

Was this GIMP 2.6.12?

There are strange 'VBR' files now that didn't used to be in
my old brush folder but are suddenly there now.

VBR is one of GIMP's own brush file formats.

(and before anyone blithely tells me 'gimp doesn't accept abr files'
my old 2.6  accepted them JUST fine. No fancy converter or anything)

What version was your old 2.6?

--
Regards,
Michael