[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8.2 - EPS Support

Hi everybody,

this is my first post on this mailing list and it concerns the EPS
support in Gimp 2.8.2

Basic Information:

- Gimp 2.8.2
- Windows 7 Professional, 64 Bit
- GPL Ghostscript 9.0.6, 32 Bit
- Variable GS_PROG is set to
  C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs9.06\bin\gswin32c.exe (which exists)

Problem:

We recently switched from Gimp 2.6 to Gimp 2.8.2. Under 2.6 it was
possible to open EPS-Files in Gimp via Ghostscript, that's no longer
possible under 2.8.2.

The screenshot attached shows the error appearing after choosing
resolution and dpi. English translation is:

"C:\Users\admin\Desktop\E-TEK.eps" could not be opened: Postscript-File
C:\Users\admin\Desktop\E-TEK.eps could not be interpreted.

Things tried:

- Reinstalling Ghostscript
- Reinstalling Gimp

Have there been changes to GIMP EPS-Support which I've missed?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Thomas

-
--
Thomas Dalichow
IT-Services

Solarpraxis AG
Zinnowitzer Straße 1, D-10115 Berlin

Tel: +49 (0) 30/72 62 96 - 345
Fax: +49 (0) 30/72 62 96 - 309

E-Mail: thomasdalichow solarpraxis de
Web: www.solarpraxis.de

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Philipp Spitz, Vorstand: Karl-Heinz Remmers
Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 75112, Erfüllungsort und
Gerichtsstand: Berlin