Re: [Gimp-user] Text border

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Fabio Colella
<fabiocolella1990 gmail com> wrote:
Hello, I create adverts with Gimp for my magazine www.sardegnaannunci.com .
A feature that I need would be to create border around text.
I reach this target with multiple shade effects or selecing the text using
selection by color, then selection->border and the filling it with color on
a second level under the text (if I do this in the same level I loose
antialias on the text). The problem is that when I want to change the text I
have to delete the levels for this, edit the text and then create the effect
again. Isn't possible to add a feature or a plugin with wich I can edit the
text and the effect together? Or better, a real editor with border an shadow
effects?

It's in the plans, but don't expect it any time soon.

In the mean time I suggest you try Inkscape or Scribus and play with
stroke color and width.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org