[Gimp-user] gimp 2.8 export, after save as keeps old files name

Hello again, i also do not want to see a prompt for a new exporting name, but i
expect from gimp exporting the "new" file ( which is created by "save as") with
the "new file" name, because i think a file should be exported with its file
name by default. I don't get why i would expect exporting a new file by defaul
with an old or different file name, could anyone please enlighten me?

Hi Realbezo,

I think you could make your self understood -
but maybe you haven't got any answers because the issue you report is
not perceived as a problem
for the people who have read it - After all, if you changed the
filename, all you have to do is
to use the "export..."  option to reset the filename of the exported
work, instead of
repeating "export to...". I myself would expect it not to change
automatically, and would find it
annoying if it would prompt me for a new  exporting name. The idea of
the "export to..." options
is exactly not to bother the user once he has choosen the options for
exporting his work.

  js
 -><-

--