[Gimp-user] Text Along Path GIMP 2.8.2

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM, C G wrote:
Dear C G,

You spent an awful lot of time writing an email that was supposed to
be about text on path in 2.8.2, but somehow you never actually
explained what it is that is wrong with text on path.

I'm afraid I don't know what "hole" is supposed to be "patched" and
hence what you should be (personally?) notified about.

Would you like to clarify?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org

Let me try to clarify this for you :)
I think he meant that there's no 'Along path' button in the text toolbox anymore
in the Ubuntu 12.10.
And yeah, this is not great at all.
So, is this just an Ubuntu problem?

--