Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:18:39 +0100
From: tobias lunte hfg-gmuend de
To: ellimae288 gmail com
CC: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] double exposure

Hello,

afaik, the "Screen" blend mode is a more accurate reproduction of a double exposure. However, it will brighten up your image, so if the two photos weren't underexposed to begin with (which they are when you actually make a double-exposure on film), you'll have to adjust the values. Don't worry, the Screen mode doesn't result in clipping, so usually you don't loose all that much information.

bw,
Tobl