Re: [Gimp-user] double exposure

If it's the term I'm thinking of there are maybe twenty different ways to do this in GIMP.  But all of them have one thing in common - you need to import both source images as separate layers in the same image window.

From that point you can:
1 - Set the top layer's mode to either Brightest or Addition (neither one precisely reproduces an actual double exposure, but they're close)
2 - Keep the top layer's mode Normal and use the Eraser (or a layer mask) to fade the edges/transition between them.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com
Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 09:56:58 -0500
From: ellimae288 gmail com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] double exposure

Is there a way to use this program to create a double exposure effect?  I can do it with my 35mm camera manually while taking pics.  But was not sure if you can create the same digitally??

Thank you!

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list gimp-user-list gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]