[Gimp-user] text tool chanes text properties when i paste over old text content

Thanks for the tip, at least i have that feature back with setting my gimp to Single Window Mode from Windows
menu. But it made my workspace area smaller, i got used to work with floating window mode.
I don't know if it is a bug but it is annoying.
Is this the official forum of gimp and where can i report a bug or request something about gimp, because the
developer team do not seem to be around, or they have so  much work to do in their daily life...
Anyway, thanks for your help...

Hello,

I don't know the sourcecode and therefore cannot be sure about this, but
here's what I've concluded from observation:
Text in GIMP saves it's properties in two different places: One set of
properties that is the standard for the entire text layer and then the
modified parameters for every letter you change. Unfortunately, by using
the floating menu you can only change the modified parameters, even if
you have the entire text selected. So when you delete the entire text
and start entering a new one (that's also what happens if you selected
the entire text and start tipping), it uses the layer-wide standard
properties.
To change those, you have to change them in the tool properties of the
text tool instead of the floating menu.
Maybe it'd be worth a bug report if there isn't one, requesting to alter
the layer-wide properties when the entire text is selected.

bw,
Tobl