Re: [Gimp-user] (no subject)

Hi Theuns,

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 09:21:03 +0200
Theuns Heydenrych <theunsheydenrych gmail com> wrote:

HI
I am using GIMP 2.8.2 and cant use FX-Foundry->Layer Effects->Drop
Shadow functionality, i keep getting this error.
"Plug-In 'Drop Shadow' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open
undo groups"

I followed the Gimp tutorial http://gimp-tutorials.net/volks-logo-tutorial

I don't see this effect in FX-Foundry (which does not exist). I see it in
Filters -> Light and Shadow -> Drop Shadow. And from my experiments with a
image with transparency it works fine here on Mageia Linux 2 x86-64 with
gimp-2.8.2-1.1.mga2 .

Can anybody please advice, or help?

Can you provide an .xcf file that reproduces the problem before the effect is
applied? You can use https://www.dropbox.com/ or whatever to upload it and
share it.

Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04
Gimp Version 2.8.2