[Gimp-user] Gimp, of course

Every one has their attitudes and reasons for doing things. I like gimp save (XCF)  if I am working over a period of time on a project.

But if all I am doing is cleaning, cropping, and adjusting gamma. I want to be able to make my default save, PNG. Not an export; a default save as PNG. If I want something else I can open the format window or change the defaults.

So I will plead with you to consider making it possible to set a default save and export as the user chooses.

Why? Because I imagine the over-all goal is to make working with graphics easier.

As for writing scripts. If I do that I'll fork Gimp and take out some of the "Must do this way." Which is common in Apple software and Microsoft, and yes Linux.

I use Debian Wheezy, SID, with a Mate Desktop environment. GIMP 2.6.12

Of all the commercial software I have had to use in the past, I still like Gimp the best for the things I do in photography and video. It will never be perfect, but we can strive for it.

Again, Please, let me set the default save and let me set the default export.

Thanks for the great program and support.