[Gimp-user] Rectangle Select Tool, Gimp 2.8

Recently upgraded to Gimp 2.8 for the single window mode (which works brilliantly in Ubuntu, especially with the HUD).

But the Rectangle Select Tool has a new - but odd - behaviour. When I draw a selection, and then add to that selection, a new "square" is position at my cursor. (See attached screenshot.) This didn't happen in 2.6 and is a bit irritating because it disorientates me slightly, especially if I'm working quickly.

Is there a way to turn that off (or revert it to the 2.6 way)?