Re: [Gimp-user] Text on path?
- From: Olivier <olecarme gmail com>
- To: Thomas Taylor <linxt comcast net>
- Cc: "gimp-user-list gnome org" <gimp-user-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Text on path?
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:17:10 +0200
2012/5/15 Thomas Taylor <linxt comcast net>:
Hi All ;)
First post to this list. I'm an occasional Gimp user and am having a problem trying
to create some CD/DVD labels. I want to put text on a curved path but haven't been
able to get a persistent path.
I've followed instructions in the help manual and from the "Beginning GIMP" book
about creating a path but the path won't display after switching to a different
These screenshot links show:
1) Using brush selected for path
2) Using line selected for path
3) Resulting path (same for both types)
As soon as I select the text tool, the path disappears. Obviously I'm missing some
step that would make the path persistent or I'm misunderstanding how paths work.
Shouldn't the path remain visible? Any clarification would be appreciated.
Open the Paths dialog (the third tab in the dialogs you have on the
right) and click in the left part of the line corresponding to your
path to have it visible.
The Gimp version is 2.6.12 on a KDE desktop under openSuSE 12.1 & 12.2.
And you should upgrade to GIMP 2.8, if it's possible on your GNU/Linux
] [Thread Prev