Re: [Gimp-user] Question About Gimp

2012/5/15 Candy <cjhemet msn com>:
I tried to get into the IRC to ask this question but I kept getting a 404
message.  My question is....is "filling with transparent" the same as
"tinting"?  (explanation: In the image editor that Photobucket used to have
I could change the color of something in a picture without losing the
original shading, etc.  They no longer have that image editor so I am
looking for an Open Source program that is easy to use and has that
feature.).

You can use change a specific color to transparency with Image: Colors
-> Color to Alpha. If that's really what you mean.
--
Olivier Lecarme